Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 7: Reversible Bucket Hat

Spring has come early to the Bay Area.  The weather's been warm, and I've been taking Darcy out for walks in her stroller.  She enjoys being out in the sunshine, but on certain pathways, the sunshine hits her face a little too much for her liking.  I've given her sunglasses to wear, but she thinks they are for chewing and not wearing.  Since she does alright with headwear, I'm going to make her a hat.

https://oliverands.com/images/free-patterns/BucketHat1.jpg
Reversible Bucket Hat from Oliver + S
Image and design © Oliver + S


The Reversible Bucket Hat from Oliver + S is the easiest-looking hat pattern that I've found.  To get into the spring mood, I'll be using some bright fabric from Connecting Threads Cheep Talk collection.  It's one of the cutest fabric collections that I have, and I think that Darcy will like the little bird print.


There isn't any fancy sewing or materials involved with this pattern, but I will be sewing circles.  Also, I've been reading other sewers' comments about this pattern, and some had trouble with attaching the cap part to the brim.  Hopefully it'll be easier than I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment