Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week 10: Ruffle Top Romper

My on-time record hasn't been great these last few weeks.  In fact, I've not yet completed The Crinkle Quilt, and it's possible that it won't be finished until mid-week.  I wanted to make a dress for Darcy to wear on Easter, and had picked out Simplicity 2668, but after reading the directions, I realized that I wouldn't be able to finish The Crinkle Quilt and the dress by this Saturday.



Instead, I've chosen an outfit that looks simple enough to finish in just a few days.  It's the Ruffle Top Romper from Make It & Love It.  Since it'll be for Easter, I'm going to use some of the Cheep Talk fabric with the little chicks on it.  It'll be so cute!


The cutting doesn't look too complicated, just seven pieces, some elastic, and there'll be a little bit of serging.  There's snaps, too, and this will be my first time working with snaps, so we'll see if I can get them to match up.  I'm going to follow this pattern to the letter, to lessen my chances of any mishaps.

I need to finish The Crinkle Quilt before I start on this project, but I'm thinking (and hoping) this will be as easy as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment