Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 5: Chenille Hot Pad


Chenille Hot Pad from Moda Bake Shop
Image and design © Victoria L. Eapen

This week I'll be going back to an online pattern, the Chenille Hot Pad designed by Vickie Eapen.  You can find this pattern at Moda Bake Shop.  I'll be using fat quarters from the Aqua Terra collection once again. 
This will be the first project where I'll be using my chenille cutter.  I don't know if you can tell from the photo above, but this project uses many layers of fabric to create the chenille.  This is unfortunate if you have a lot of fabric that you like, since most of the fabric is hidden, but it's perfect if you have a lot of fabric that you aren't too crazy about.  That's the case with me and the Aqua Terra fabric.  There are a few designs that I like, but the most of them I could do without, so they will create the hidden layers of the chenille.  I'll also use the walking foot, as the pattern suggests, so I'll get to see how well it works against six layers (one for the backing, four for the chenille, plus a layer of Insul-bright)!

Aqua Terra from Connecting Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment