Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Toddler Pinafore Smock Top, Day 4

Today I just worked on the skirt gathering.  I've been kinda nervous about it because of The Ruffled Pillowcase Disaster, but I've also been hopeful since it's on the sewing machine and not the serger.
I did a test run on two pieces of leftover fabric.  I attempted the technique that failed so badly on the serger, the technique where the foot automatically ruffles the fabric as it attaches it to the second piece of fabric, and guess what?  It turned out great!


I was so relieved because this means I don't have to do it by hand anymore!

But then, the moment of truth.  Would it also ruffle one piece of fabric, even if it wasn't sewn to another piece?

The gathering foot making ruffles, ruffles, and more ruffles!



The answer, ladies and gentlemen, is a resounding "YES!"




No comments:

Post a Comment