Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 3: Ready Set Serge Pillowcases

Image from www.completelyquilted.com

I'm a little burnt out from working with batting, so I'm going to work on something with just fabric this week.  For Week 3 I'll be working on projects from Georgie Melot's book, Ready Set Serge.  Yup, I'm bringing out the serger!  I'll be making the Pillowcase and the Stepped-Up Pillowcase using fabric from Connecting Threads' Bed and Breakfast and Aqua Terra collections.



Bed and Breakfast on the left,
Aqua Terra on the right.


I've made some pillowcases before, but not using the serger.  The Pillowcase pattern looks pretty easy, but the Stepped-Up Pillowcase has some ruffles, so I'll need to change the regular foot on the serger to the gathering foot.  This will be the first time I'll be using this foot, so I'm hoping it's not too complicated.

I'm going to aim to make two pillowcases from each pattern, but if this goes quicker than expected, I'll make more (and reduce my stash faster)!

No comments:

Post a Comment