Saturday, February 16, 2013

Toddler Pinafore Smock Top Sew and Tell

I don't know if it's because it's just so cute or what, but the Toddler Pinafore Smock Top is my favorite project so far.


 
The pattern and directions were simple (once I opened up my eyes and saw the diagram), and it sews up so quickly that I can see myself making several more of these for little Darcy in all sorts of fabric designs.  Even with the curved stitching and the gathering, this would be a great project for a first time sewer.

Speaking of gathering, I was so happy with how the gathering came out using my sewing machine, that I may go back and fix the ruffling on the pillowcases.  The gathering foot was so awesome that I am looking forward to the next project that calls for gathering.

Also, I'll have to be smarter with the topstitching next time.  I'll need to think ahead to how the pieces come together so that I am not undoing my topstitches.

It's really too bad that the smallest size for this pattern was for 2T.  It'll be awhile until Darcy can wear this, but the pattern was simple enough that if I get too impatient I may modify it for a smaller size.  Heck, this project was so cute and easy that I may even modify it for a size large enough for Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment