Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 12: Lazy Days Skirt

This week is all about catching up with my blog posts.  At this moment, I've yet to complete my posts for the Biscuit Quilt, the Ruffle Top Romper, the Crinkle Quilt, Pretty Patches Placemats and Napkins, and the Chenille Hot Pads.  I'll therefore need to work on a project that is quick and easy, one that'll leave me enough time to finish my posts.

Lazy Days Skirt from Oliver + S
Image and design © Oliver + S

I'll be using another free pattern from Oliver + S, the Lazy Days Skirt.  There's no pattern, hardly any cutting at all, and no fancy techniques.  I'll be using some fabric that I picked up from Connecting Threads' Sweet & Sour collection.  Somewhere, probably in storage somewhere, I have more than just the four designs that I've been able to find, but I'll work with what I have.


Of course I'll be making it for my favorite little girl, although I'll be making it in a larger size so that she can wear it maybe in a year or so.  The directions call for a ribbon, but since I don't have anything that would match this fabric, I'll just use some of the Sweet & Sour fabric.

Looks ridiculously simple.  I get the feeling that I'll take more time reading how to make the skirt than I will actually sewing it up.  Let's get ready to rumble!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment