Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Read it on the Internet, so it Must be True

Hello and welcome!

So, yet another blog about sewing and knitting, you ask?  Well, I’ve got a fabric and yarn stash that is growing out of control, and over the years have made countless plans and dreams of making beautiful and marvelous garments and accessories, but for one reason or another, I’ve not been able to bring these plans to fruition.  My reasons, well, let’s be honest, my excuses, have ranged from being too intimidated to learn a new technique, to being too afraid to cut my fabric, to being just plain lazy.
 
The stash is getting to be too much to live with, so I’ve enlisted myself in one of the most ambitious missions of my life.  And I'm announcing it to the cyberworld, so I can't take it back:
For the next 52 weeks I’ll be working on one sewing, knitting, crocheting, or embroidery project per week.  Hopefully, by the end of one year, I will have significantly reduced my stash and become more confident in using techniques that had previously intimidated me.  And hopefully I don’t go insane doing it.

Week #1 starts today, January 19th.
Thank you for joining me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment